For Duchenne, for Africa, for good-will, for love, for sharing, for the LORD. Starts March 22, 2021 and goes all spring through June 21, 2021. Please stay tuned on our social media and website for details and frequent updates!
You can participate with us or just donate or do both, participate and donate! Even better: find people to pledge a certain amount per mile that you walk, run or hike with us!
All of the different ways to donate are listed at the bottom of this post. Thank you!
We are getting our exercise on to raise money for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and Africa again. So pledge for us, or perhaps better, hike with us, walk with us, power walk with us or run with us 400 miles (644 kilometers) during the spring of 2021 for The Everett and Austin Project, Inc.
You can do it wherever you are, and you can do as much of the 400 miles as you want. You don’t even have to raise any money for us. No specific location required. Biking doesn’t count for raising funds in this event, but you can bike for Duchenne too if you want. Make up your own mileage and raise money for it too.
Examples of Money to Raise Per Mile
- 1 cent per mile = $4 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- 5 cents per mile = $20 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- 10 cents per mile = $40 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- 25 cents per mile = $100 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- 50 cents per mile = $150 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- 75 cents per mile = $300 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- $1 per mile = $400 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- $2 per mile = $800 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- $3 per mile = $1200 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- $4 per mile = $1600 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- $5 per mile = $2000 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
- $10 per mile = $4000 for 400 miles hiked, walked or run
The goal of the Everett and Austin Project, Inc. is to improve the health-related quality of life for children with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and other rare diseases, and increase educational opportunities for individuals and families in developing countries. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is a genetic disease that causes progressive muscle weakness, leading to disability, impaired function, and decreased ability to participate in daily activities.
Children in developing countries are often underserved, neglected, and/or abandoned by their parents. Some families live in remote areas with little to no access to medical and healthcare resources. Additionally, impoverished individuals and families struggle to meet their daily basic needs due to lack of much needed resources. The Everett and Austin Project seeks to educate, empower, and equip individuals with products, services, and skills to improve overall quality of life and sustainable living in developing countries.
Pledge to support a hiker, walker or runner today. You can pledge for yourself, or Tim or someone else you know that is doing Hike for Ducehnne V. You can make a pledge at the pledge form below, or just let your hiker know by message. And you can make your donation payment at any time, including even right now. To pledge, fill out this form: Pledge Form
To make your tax-deductible, donation payment:
- Paypal: http://paypal.me/timgillen
- Facebook Pay: timtexgillen
- Google Pay: 914-314-0077 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zelle: 914-314-0077
- Venmo: @tex3366
- Cashapp: $timtexgillen
- Mail a check of money order to:
- Hike for Duchenne or TEAAPI
- c/o Tim Gillen
- 1245 Park St Ste 2B
- Peekskill NY 10566
- Pay with the Button below:
501c3 Registered Charity