For a log of progress so far on “200 Mile July – Hike for Duchenne V,” check out Hike for Duchenne V – Log of Hikes.
PURPOSEThe goal of the Everett and Austin Project, Inc. is to improve the health-related quality of life for children with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and other rare diseases, and increase educational opportunities for individuals and families in developing countries. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is a genetic disease that causes progressive muscle weakness, leading to disability, impaired function, and decreased ability to participate in daily activities. Children in developing countries are often underserved, neglected, and/or abandoned by their parents. Some families live in remote areas with little to no access to medical and healthcare resources. Additionally, impoverished individuals and families struggle to meet their daily basic needs due to lack of much needed resources. The Everett and Austin Project seeks to educate, empower, and equip individuals with products, services, and skills to improve overall quality of life and sustainable living in developing countries.
AFRICAN LIVES MATTERAcross the world right now many, many people are demonstrating for “Black Lives Matter.” What courage and strength it takes to stand up for racial equality in the face of confounding opposition. By helping The Everett and Austin Project with this fundraiser called Hike for Duchenne – helping kids in Africa going through Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy – you will be fighting with us for people from the motherland. People in Africa matter too! BLACK LIVES MATTER!
PLEDGESo, hike with us, walk with us, power walk with us or run with us 200 miles (322 kilometers) during the month of July for The Everett and Austin Project, Inc. You can do it wherever you are, and you can do as much of the 200 miles as you want. You don’t even have to raise any money for us. No specific location required. Biking doesn’t count, but you can bike for Duchenne too if you want, lol. Examples of money to raise per mile:
- 1 cent per mile = $2 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- 5 cents per mile = $10 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- 10 cents per mile = $20 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- 25 cents per mile = $50 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- 50 cents per mile = $100 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- 75 cents per mile = $150 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- $1 per mile = $200 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- $2 per mile = $400 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- $3 per mile = $300 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- $4 per mile = $800 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
- $5 per mile = $1000 for 200 miles hiked, walked or run
DONATETo make your tax-deductible, donation payment:
501c3 Registered Charity